A slightly thicker 1.2mm brass shell and new Grooved Hoop gives this drum rich, warm resonance and sharp projection.
This drum has an exceptionally wide frequency and tuning range, allowing for great sonic varieety simply by adjusting the tunig and snappy snares. With such versatility, this is a drum that will complement any musical style or playing situation.
Super Sensitive Hi-Carbon Snare Wire
- In order to provide a more crisp and sensitve sound, we redesigned our snappy snare, using new materials and customizing the shape of the plate and the wire coil's winding pattern. As a result of these modifications, the new "Super Sensitive Hi-Carbon Snappy Snare" fits more closely to the snare side head, demonstrating greater sensitivity and brighter, crisper sound.
Non-Loosening Rubber Gasket (US.PAT.NO. 7825318)
- STARPHONIC's claw hooks have a rubber block inside to prevent the tension bolts from loosening during playing. Once the tension bolt is tightened, the claw hook is pressed towards the hoop. This also presses the rubber block inside the claw hook and adds pressure to the tension rod inside.
Ratchet Style Snappy Tension Adjuster
- To prevent the snappy snares from loosening, TAMA incorporated a ratchet system on the strainer's tension adjustment mechanism. Much like an adjustment tool with fine gears, it achieves high-pressure retension, even with extreme settings. Single click adjustments offer a vertical pull of 0.083mm of wire motion, which allows you to achieve ltra sensitive micro-adjustments.
Detachable Butt Plate
- The Detachable Strainer Butt allows you to change your snare side head, but keeps the snare wire tension in its original state. Just loosen the two screws and detach the butt plate with the snappy snares still on. When you reattach tha butt plate, the snare wire tension will be restored to its original position and calibration. The Grooved Snare Side Hoop features an open frame for simpler operation.
"Linear-Drive" Strainer (US.PAT.NO. 8017846)
- STARPHONIC's strainer uses a "Linear-Drive" system, which we designed to provide greater control of the lever adjustment arm and more precise control of the strainer's deployment motion. Even if you move the arm rapidly, you will not hear the typical "slap" of the wires hitting the bottom head. The strainer movement is designed to work in a true "linear motion", similar to the motion found on "round sproket" drum pedals. Most strainers are not designed like this and tend to speed up right before the snare wires connect with the snare side head. Also, by tilting the angle of the butt plate 30 degrees, this design holds the snare wire cords or tape more firmly and reduces unnecessary pressure on the strainer and shell.
Freedom Lug & Claw Hook (US.PAT.NO.7825318)
- By looseing the tension rods, you can tilt the claw hooks backwards and away from the Grooved Hoop. This quick release system offers simple, speedy replacement of drum heads without having to take all of the tension rods out of the lugs.
Grooved Hoop (US.PAT.NO.7825318)
- The first factor we focused on to achive a new snare drum sound was the effect of hoop. So, we carefully studied the evolution of the hoop over time. In doing so, we came up with an idea that combines vintage design and modern technology. That idea is the essence of our totally new "Grooved Hoop."
- Size: 14"×6"
- Shell Material: 1.2mm Brass
- Hoops: Grooved Hoop
- Lugs: Freedom Lug
- Strainer/Butt: "Linear-Drive" Strainer/Detachable Butt
- Snare Wire: MS20RL14C